Thursday, May 21, 2009

05-21-2009

We've all been having fun! I had taken the sides off the Polaris Ranger's box and picked up Duece & set him inside and Ziva jumped in herself via the front seat and over the seat back. I had treats with me and drove really slow across the yard. Duece was looking around a lot but took treats and stayed inside for the trip. Later on with the Ranger parked and shut off, we played some "get up" and both Duece & Ziva got treats for jumping up on the seat, via the floor boards and over the seat back and into the box. Then a treat for reversing the trip. They had a blast and didn't want to quit when I was running out of treats. Later on I got both of them into the back and drove back and parked inside the barn. Duece was fine getting out, but Ziva wanted to stay and go for another ride. We did some more jumping up on the spools and the trailer. I put some bone out in the PVC pipe garden and left it for over an hour. Duece got his vest on and away he went. He checked out the pipes and when he checked the right one he didn't even need a reminder to 'sit.' Duece & Ziva have been playing 'Get the toy' with a rubber frisbee and with another plastic toy. I just need to remember to give the command to "Get toy!" when I throw it as neither of them have any idea what a 'toy' is when we play.
Here's what I mean when I say "PVC garden" and there are 6 of these pipes stuck in the ground and one is marked so we always use the same one for holding the scent. The glass jars we use just barely fit inside the pipe.
This is Mattie. She was working on becoming an
excellent cadaver dog until the medications she was
taking to control her epilepsy made her so sick
that only blood transfusions would have
kept her alive and there was no
way of knowing her quality of
life even with the
transfusions.
"Mattie"
May 9, 2006 - Sept 16, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment