Wednesday, August 12, 2009

08-12-2009

One more step with getting Duece out in public. He doesn't run away but isn't enthused about getting into the suburban. Last night we went to the local Tea Party. Duece even had his own sign.


Duece's sign says:
I expect to be fed
I expect my vet bills to be paid
I expect to be entertained
Someone else picks up my poop
Therefore I must be an Obamacrat
Duece does well in public once he learns not to jump up on people. He's learning though. As long as we're talking 'learning' there are a lot of kids out there that don't know how to greet a dog. Duece loves kids and last night when he saw some playing on the grass, he stopped and stared. You could tell he was wanting to run over and play. Too many kids think they can just run up and throw their arms around a dog's neck without a reaction from the dog. It just scares the hell out of me so we keep a pretty good eye on anyone that wants to pet the dog. One young'un last night was holding a napkin around one finger, saying he had a little cut on it when he asked if he could "Pet your dog?" When I said okay, he got down on his knees directly in front of Duece and threw both arms around his neck with his face right at the end of Duece's nose. When I stopped him, his brother(?) came over and said to leave the dog alone. I told him it was okay, but not to grab the dog's neck while in the dog's face. I try to tell the young one's how to approach a dog but some just don't seem to have the attention span to listen. Just have to keep an eye on them and the dog.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment